Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- Information You Provide
- How We Use the Information
- Information We Collect by Automated Means
- Technologies We Use
- Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
- Third Party Web Analytics Services
- Targeted Advertising
- How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
- California Do Not Track Notice
- Information We Share
- Your Rights And Choices
- Data Transfers
- Children’s Privacy
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Links To Other Websites
- How To Contact Us
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, including the M∙A∙C Pro program, or when you make a purchase on our site or in our stores. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
• Contact information (such as name, postal address (including business address for the M∙A∙C Pro program), email address, mobile or other phone number, and mobile service provider)
• Age and date of birth
• Username and password, nickname/screen name
• Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address)
• Purchase history
• Product preferences
• Your physical characteristics and skincare concerns
• Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
• Content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, survey responses and comments)
• Information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you visit our social media platforms or use one of our social networking or mobile applications (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described in the social networking application sign-up page, or your geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications)
• Your M∙A∙C Pro membership identification number and last name for verification of your professional status (for the M∙A∙C Pro program)
How We Use The Information
We may use the information you provide to:
• Send you promotional materials or other communications
• Provide services to you
• Process your payment and/or gift card transactions
• Create and manage your online account, including access to your online and in-store purchase history
• Assist with product selection and replenishment through our in-store customer registry
• Administer the M∙A∙C Pro program
• Respond to your inquiries (including requests and inquiries related to the M∙A∙C Pro program and your membership)
• Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs (such as M∙A∙C Pro), surveys and other offers
• Operate and communicate with you about our social networking or mobile applications
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
• Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit this site or our online advertisements or use one of our social networking or mobile applications, we collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. For example, if you use one of our mobile applications, we may collect your unique device identifier (or other device identifier) and/or geolocation data in order to offer you certain features or functionalities within that mobile application. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
We may use third party web analytics services on this site, our social media platforms, or our social networking or mobile applications, such as those of Adobe Site Catalyst, Coremetrics and Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
• For Adobe Site Catalyst, please click here http://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html;
• For Coremetrics, please click here
• To disable the Google Analytics cookie and any other third party web analytics service provider cookies, some browsers indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis.
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
California Do Not Track Notice
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our customers’ personal information over time and across third-party websites and therefore this requirement does not apply to us. California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator’s website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our site such as a social feature, analytics service or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personal information. We do not knowingly permit such third parties to collect any personal information from our site unless you directly provide it to us and we provide it to them with your consent.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, or sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
• Our affiliates within the M∙A∙C Cosmetics umbrella of companies
• Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders and provide web hosting and marketing services.
• Other third parties with your consent (e.g., some of our Facebook applications may share information collected through those apps with your Facebook friends or other Facebook users).
• In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails from M∙A∙C Cosmetics by clicking here.
You may opt out of receiving M∙A∙C Pro emails that are not necessary to provide you with M∙A∙C Pro membership services by emailing M∙A∙C Pro membership at firstname.lastname@example.org or by accessing the “My Account” section of the M∙A∙C Pro segment of the site which includes an unsubscribe option.
Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can ask M∙A∙C Cosmetics to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. You also can request that we refrain from sending you promotional postal mail by contacting us as indicated below.
Please note that all M∙A∙C Pro members must consent to receiving communications via postal mail as a condition of their membership.
Text Message Opt-Out
If you so elect, you may provide your mobile phone number in order to receive text message alerts containing product and event information, cosmetics tips or promotions that may be sent using automated dialing systems (“Text Messages”), and your election to receive Text Messages is not otherwise required to purchase any goods or services from us. There is no fee from M∙A∙C Cosmetics to receive Text Messages, however, your mobile service provider may charge you for sending and/or receiving text messages and air-time, as well as any other standard applicable rates charged by your mobile service provider. Participating Carriers are:
ACS Wireless Cox Wireless Pocket Wireless
Alltel Cricket Communications Revol Wireless
All West Communications Element Mobile Silver Star PCS
Appalachian Wireless Farmers Mutual Telephone Co. Simmetry Wireless
AT&T GCI Wireless Snake River PCS
Bluegrass Wireless Golden State Cellular South Central Communications
Boost Illinois Valley Cellular Sprint
Boost Unlimited Immix Sprocket Wireless
Breakaway Wireless Inland Cellular Strata Networks
Carolina West Wireless iWireless Syringa Wireless
Cambridge Telephone Company (CTC) Metro PCS Thumb Cellular
Cellcom Midwest Wireless T-Mobile
Cellular South Nex-Tech Wireless United Wireless
Cellular One of East Central Illinois Nextel Union Wireless
Cellular One of Montana Northwest Missouri Cellular U.S. Cellular
Cellular One of NEPA nTelos Verizon Wireless
Centennial Wireless Nucla-Naturita Telephone Co. Viaero Wireless
Chat Mobility Panhandle Telecommunications Virgin Mobile US
Cellular 29 Pioneer Cellular West Central Wireless
Cincinnati Bell Plateau Wireless
Text Messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures. To receive help with Text Messages, you can either text the word “Help” to 898622 or call 1.800.588.0070 or email email@example.com.
You may unsubscribe from receiving Text Messages any time by texting the word “STOP” to 898622 from your device. You may also choose not to receive Text Messages by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specifying that this is your preference.
Social Networking Application Opt-Out
To remove or delete our apps from your social networking account, follow the instructions from the social network:
Facebook: provided by the Facebook Help Center.
When you use one of our mobile applications, you may be asked for your geo-location via our mobile application. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com.
M∙A∙C Pro members may update their information by contacting:
M∙A∙C Pro Membership
2316 Delaware Ave
PO Box 289
Buffalo, NY 14216-2687
Please note that M∙A∙C Pro members will be asked for identification so that we can assure you are the individual making the request with respect to your personal information.
If you are under thirteen years of age, you may browse our site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the sites’ content, any use of the sites, or the privacy practices of the sites.
How To Contact Us
M∙A∙C Pro Membership Inquiries
Email: For Program information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone: You may also contact M∙A∙C Pro by phone:
For membership purchase or renewal: 877.553.5536
For Program information: 877.553.5536
Postal Mail: For membership purchase or renewal or for Program information, you may write to:
M∙A∙C Pro Membership
2316 Delaware Ave
PO Box 289
Buffalo, NY 14216-2687
M∙A∙C Pro Privacy
130 Prince St, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10012